One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving or having a commute by air to a remote workplace.‘many mines require fly-in, fly-out staff to work nine consecutive 12-hour days’‘lucrative fly-in, fly-out work’
- ‘There are fly-in fly-out resources sector workers who choose to base themselves on the NZ side of the Tasman.’
- ‘The dating service is targeted at fly-in, fly-out workers, who spend weeks at a time in dusty mining camps hundreds of miles from the nearest pub.’
- ‘Its operations stretched as far south to Perth for the fly in fly out workers.’
- ‘Workers are concerned that expanded use of fly in fly out personnel will destroy job prospects in the town.’
- ‘The employees, who are covered by five different unions, walked out after the company broke an agreement to only use fly in fly out contractors on a short-term basis.’
- ‘Some were offering fly-in, fly-out roles for skilled people who did not want to move to Christchurch permanently.’
- ‘Virgin will also buy Perth-based Skywest, which competes with Qantas in the fly-in, fly-out market for mining workers.’
- ‘Many WA mines require fly-in, fly-out staff to work nine consecutive 12-hour days.’
- ‘The company estimates it will employ 250 fly-in, fly-out workers to operate the mine.’
- ‘It is claimed that fly-in, fly-out workers destroy the community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.