One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Subject to flux.
flowing, able to flow easilyView synonyms
- ‘This indicates that the helix is probably fluxional even when the receptor is not activated.’
- ‘The major contribution to this CRMS is the low-resolution loop region, which is likely to be quite fluxional and may be very different between crystal and solution.’
dated Relating to fluxions.
- ‘The mathematics curriculum grew accordingly to include algebra, trigonometry, and sometimes even Newton's fluxional calculus.’
- ‘The second version occurs as Corollary 2 to Proposition 7 and was thought of as a method of expanding solutions of fluxional equations in infinite series.’
- ‘Berkeley's arguments are directed chiefly against the Newtonian fluxional calculus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.