Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Subject to flux.
- ‘This indicates that the helix is probably fluxional even when the receptor is not activated.’
- ‘The major contribution to this CRMS is the low-resolution loop region, which is likely to be quite fluxional and may be very different between crystal and solution.’
dated Relating to fluxions.
- ‘The mathematics curriculum grew accordingly to include algebra, trigonometry, and sometimes even Newton's fluxional calculus.’
- ‘Berkeley's arguments are directed chiefly against the Newtonian fluxional calculus.’
- ‘The second version occurs as Corollary 2 to Proposition 7 and was thought of as a method of expanding solutions of fluxional equations in infinite series.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.