Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The amount of magnetic, electric, or other flux passing through a unit area.
- ‘Optional Windows-based simulation software enables the user to calculate the electric magnetic field strengths along high-voltage power line routes and the magnetic flux density in transformer substations.’
- ‘However, it has been shown that plant species, sowing density and N availability affect the steepness of the N LA gradient relative to the photon flux density gradient.’
- ‘In light-grown Tradescantia there is a light-regulated developmental change in the GSA with the magnitude of this change being dependent on the photon flux density of white light.’
- ‘AME has twice the magnetic flux density of coated media.’
- ‘The design goal is to maximize the flux density at the detector for a given collection area.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.