One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of magnetic, electric, or other flux passing through a unit area.
- ‘However, it has been shown that plant species, sowing density and N availability affect the steepness of the N LA gradient relative to the photon flux density gradient.’
- ‘In light-grown Tradescantia there is a light-regulated developmental change in the GSA with the magnitude of this change being dependent on the photon flux density of white light.’
- ‘AME has twice the magnetic flux density of coated media.’
- ‘Optional Windows-based simulation software enables the user to calculate the electric magnetic field strengths along high-voltage power line routes and the magnetic flux density in transformer substations.’
- ‘The design goal is to maximize the flux density at the detector for a given collection area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.