One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flute player; a flautist.
- ‘Both flute parts are included on each flutist's copy - very helpful to young flutists who may not be accustomed to the individual responsibilities of chamber music.’
- ‘Later, at the same rehearsal, our principal flutist played a nice solo that was marked piano dolce.’
- ‘This concerto will give contemporary flutists a challenge, and yet it has the potential to please any audience.’
- ‘There are 18 instrumentalists on this recording (unusually, Sardelli conducts from the flutist's chair), and 15 members of the chorus.’
- ‘This Dutch composer seems to have spent most of his career in Amsterdam, where he quickly attained local popularity as a pianist, flutist, and music teacher.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.