One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic used especially in the treatment of systemic infections.
- ‘Since then, two major changes have occurred in our treatment model: aggressive use of resectional lung surgery and the introduction of fluoroquinolone antibiotics.’
- ‘Genital gonorrhea infections in men and nonpregnant women may be treated with a third-generation cephalosporin (intramuscular ceftriaxone [Rocephin]) or fluoroquinolone antibiotic.’
- ‘As with other currently available fluoroquinolone and macrolide antibiotics, QTc interval prolongation has been linked to the use of telithromycin.’
- ‘Examples include sulfacetamide sodium, erythromycin, fluoroquinolone, bacitracin or gentamicin drops or ointment.’
- ‘Since fluoroquinolone antibiotics were introduced for systemic use in the 1980s, their indications and use have increased rapidly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.