One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An antibiotic used especially in the treatment of systemic infections.
- ‘Since fluoroquinolone antibiotics were introduced for systemic use in the 1980s, their indications and use have increased rapidly.’
- ‘As with other currently available fluoroquinolone and macrolide antibiotics, QTc interval prolongation has been linked to the use of telithromycin.’
- ‘Examples include sulfacetamide sodium, erythromycin, fluoroquinolone, bacitracin or gentamicin drops or ointment.’
- ‘Genital gonorrhea infections in men and nonpregnant women may be treated with a third-generation cephalosporin (intramuscular ceftriaxone [Rocephin]) or fluoroquinolone antibiotic.’
- ‘Since then, two major changes have occurred in our treatment model: aggressive use of resectional lung surgery and the introduction of fluoroquinolone antibiotics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.