One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the intensity of fluorescence, used chiefly in biochemical analysis.
- ‘These instruments also have built-in fluorimeters that detect fluorescence emitted from nucleic probes annealed to target DNA at the conclusion of each PCR cycle.’
- ‘The lamp intensity of the fluorometer was monitored for each sample.’
- ‘The advantage that fluorescence imaging instruments have over conventional fluorometers is that images of fluorescence parameters can be obtained from whole leaves or large numbers of plants.’
- ‘The fluorescence measured by the fluorimeter is the sum of autofluorescence from natural chromophores in the skin and PpIX fluorescence.’
- ‘The fumonisin was eluted with pure methanol and measured in a calibrated fluorometer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.