Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Photography in which the image is formed by fluorescence, used chiefly in biomedical research.
- ‘The labeled GlcNAc pattern was visualized by fluorography.’
- ‘The gels were neutralized in 2 M TRIS for 5 min and subjected to fluorography by soaking for 30 min in Amplify.’
- ‘The cell-free medium was subjected to two-dimensional PAGE, and the 1 PIs were visualized by fluorography.’
- ‘Gels were then impregnated with Amplify TM, dried, and subjected to fluorography according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘The chloroplasts were analysed by SDS-PAGE and fluorography.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.