Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Photography in which the image is formed by fluorescence, used chiefly in biomedical research.
- ‘Gels were then impregnated with Amplify TM, dried, and subjected to fluorography according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘The cell-free medium was subjected to two-dimensional PAGE, and the 1 PIs were visualized by fluorography.’
- ‘The gels were neutralized in 2 M TRIS for 5 min and subjected to fluorography by soaking for 30 min in Amplify.’
- ‘The labeled GlcNAc pattern was visualized by fluorography.’
- ‘The chloroplasts were analysed by SDS-PAGE and fluorography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.