One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suffering from flu.‘when I woke up I felt really fluey’
- ‘Sorry if this doesn't make sense - I'm fluey and delerious.’
- ‘I'm a bit fluey and blocked up this week but never the less glad to be here.’
- ‘Tired, fluey and run-down, I wanted to venture out to a restaurant about as much as I wanted to sit through my children's three-hour cartoon video.’
- ‘Elicia's had a fluey cough thing, and it means she's lost her voice.’
- ‘When I woke I felt really fluey and very sick.’
- ‘Trying very hard to get over this fluey whatever-it-is before I have to leave for Sundance.’
- ‘I've got a really unpleasant fluey cold, but had to go to work today.’
- ‘Though as I'm starting to feel a bit fluey, the urge to comfort snack will be strong.’
- ‘Have been feeling slightly fluey for a few days so have not drunk coffee or alcohol and have brought large quantities of grapefruit juice with me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.