Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument for measuring the rate of flow of water, gas, or fuel, especially through a pipe.
- ‘Before measurement, the turbine flowmeter was calibrated using a three liter calibration syringe.’
- ‘A single oscillator can serve as both a sensor (e.g., flowmeter, acoustic velocimeter) and an orifice.’
- ‘This paper examines the dependence of whole leaf hydraulic conductance to liquid water (K L) on irradiance when measured with a high pressure flowmeter.’
- ‘Handheld peak expiratory flowmeters have been widely used in the management of bronchial asthma, and as such are familiar to family physicians.’
- ‘The hydraulic conductance of leaves was measured using the high pressure flowmeter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.