One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the rate of flow of water, gas, or fuel, especially through a pipe.
- ‘This paper examines the dependence of whole leaf hydraulic conductance to liquid water (K L) on irradiance when measured with a high pressure flowmeter.’
- ‘Handheld peak expiratory flowmeters have been widely used in the management of bronchial asthma, and as such are familiar to family physicians.’
- ‘The hydraulic conductance of leaves was measured using the high pressure flowmeter.’
- ‘A single oscillator can serve as both a sensor (e.g., flowmeter, acoustic velocimeter) and an orifice.’
- ‘Before measurement, the turbine flowmeter was calibrated using a three liter calibration syringe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.