One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant that flowers at a specified time or in a specified manner.‘bedding plants and other summer flowerers’
- ‘Group one is made up of early flowerers including montana, armandii, alpina, and macropetala, all of which are about to flower their hearts out and so are best avoided.’
- ‘Galanthus reginae-olgae is a reliable early flowerer, producing its faintly scented blooms as early as October.’
- ‘Clematis ‘Jackmanii’ is a late flowerer with abundant purple flowers.’
- ‘Late winter flowerers amongst the exotic garden plants include the range of azaleas, camellias, purple magnolias and snow-sprayed, white Cape May bushes.’
- ‘Clearly fulfilling the public's desire for heavy flowerers, Harkness sells more floribundas than any other group of roses, and has done so consistently since the late 1970s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.