One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ideas of the flower children, especially the promotion of peace and love as means of changing the world.
- ‘As flower power wilted and the Seventies took hold of America's collective consciousness in the real world, the beach became increasingly dangerous territory on the big screen.’
- ‘How could we battle the biggest trend to hit the nation since flower power when we didn't have the power of hit music to back it up?’
- ‘Historians will be rambling on about the hippie movement and the summer of love and flower power, and all that stuff, for decades to come.’
- ‘In much the same way, he says, the peak of the U.S. Baby Boom occurred in the late 1960s, when flower power and numerous social and political movements thrived.’
- ‘It harks back to a time when love was free, flower power was king, flares were the order of the day, and people felt a little bit more chilled out about themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.