One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who creates decorative displays with cut flowers.‘the spectacular displays were put up by 400 flower arrangers’
- ‘Our own flower arrangers here at the cathedral are working as the festival is planned.’
- ‘This is a flower arranger's dream-book with photography that will both floor and inspire you, and with step-by-step instructions for decadent and naturalist arrangements through the seasons.’
- ‘Variegated varieties are valuable for brightening dark areas in the garden while the trailing stems of all species are much prized by flower arrangers.’
- ‘The well-known flower arranger will give the demonstration.’
- ‘The gardening club began its new season with a Flower Arranging Workshop where they had experienced flower arrangers on hand to demonstrate the art of flower arranging.’
- ‘This year, as usual, we invited a number of talented flower arrangers to come along and show their work based on a chosen theme.’
- ‘The flower arrangers have really captured the individuals in their work.’
- ‘The vestry has provided the congregation with a preparation room for the team of flower arrangers.’
- ‘All good flower arrangers know that no matter what colors you use in an arrangement, using a little, or a lot, of chartreuse will make it 'sing'.’
- ‘Elizabeth is a very experienced flower arranger with a beautiful garden and the title of her floral demonstration will be Colours of Summer.’
- ‘Marine scientists from a Scottish university have teamed up with Scotland's top flower arrangers to help design one of the central displays at this year's prestigious Chelsea Flower Show.’
- ‘The group of flower arrangers were in Tullow last Wednesday night to look around the church and plan where exactly each arrangement will be displayed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.