One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A diagram of the sequence of movements or actions of people or things involved in a complex system or activity.
- ‘By now, everyone should be able to do a flow chart or a diagram describing the whole process.’
- ‘Visual elements of learning, including charts, graphs, bullet points or flow charts, were imperative to activity-based learning, she said.’
- ‘In particular, I had to examine a flow chart on page 53.’
- ‘The walls of their project rooms are soon plastered with imagery, diagrams, flow charts, and other ephemera.’
- ‘Faculty have tried mind maps, archetypes, loop diagrams, flow diagrams, and systems maps or rich pictures described briefly in Table 1.’
- ‘A flow chart setting out the guidance has been produced by the group and copies have been given out to York secondary schools.’
- ‘As it is, the answer to the C.I.A. insubordination is not just to move a few boxes on the office flow chart.’
- ‘After completing the flow chart, team members should solicit input from other people involved in the process or, if necessary, observe the process.’
- ‘Te Brake utilizes several flow charts and diagrams to help us visualize various political trajectories, and these can be useful, but in the end they really do not tell us much more than what we already knew.’
- ‘The next step is to take the flow chart on page 14 and use these series of questions to incorporate each feature into your camp setting.’
- ‘In this flow chart, you see here, the principal deputy director now reports to the director of national intelligence.’
- ‘So, that was where we started, but we didn't really have a rational approach to sitting down with a flow chart and figuring out ‘this is what audience tastes are and this is where our personalities overlap’.’
- ‘Once the idea for the book was laid out, she drew up a flow chart and started making assignments for Prieboy.’
- ‘There is also a large coloured flow diagram which clearly shows how the engines work.’
- ‘What follows can only be conveyed via complicated flow chart.’
- ‘Failure mode and effects analysis examines processes, materials, methods, equipment, and the environment with flow charts and cause-effect diagrams.’
- ‘We have an extensive flow chart specifically designed for fire evacuation (our biggest concern).’
- ‘It's a completely personal and non-scientific flow chart of associations that seem to make little sense from an objective point of view.’
- ‘Perhaps my question should have been: do all those stages on the flow diagram have to be there?’
- ‘You can't read them without making a flow chart showing each justice's position first.’
- 1.1 A graphical representation of a computer program in relation to its sequence of functions (as distinct from the data it processes).
graph, table, tabulation, grid, histogram, diagram, guide, scheme, figure, illustrationView synonyms
- ‘Should IA be done in a flow chart program or what?’
- ‘The model is given a graphic representation in a flow chart format.’
- ‘I clicked on an icon, triggering a flow chart that illustrated their organizational relationship.’
- ‘Another window shows what happened while the program was running, with a flow chart and timeline.’
- ‘I believe the main flaw of textbook TCM is the way it has apparently reduced the therapeutic process to something akin to a computer flow chart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.