One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An object used to provide or maintain buoyancy in water.‘all who remain missing are believed to be wearing flotation devices’
- ‘We discovered a giant flotation device, fully inflated, crammed in the backseat.’
- ‘Previously such boats were required only to carry flotation devices.’
- ‘A team of candidate divers prepare to enter the water to raise a sunken vehicle using floatation devices.’
- ‘Everyone on board must wear a personal floatation device.’
- ‘Wearing a personal flotation device can save your life.’
- ‘At the top of every Coast Guard minimum safety equipment list are personal flotation devices.’
- ‘They're swimming in the deep end without any floatation devices.’
- ‘With a leash, the user will not become separated from the flotation device.’
- ‘The canoer was not wearing a personal flotation device at the time.’
- ‘According to police, personal floatation devices were not being used.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.