One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This more than anything will become their signature - everything about them will be seized on, floridly discussed, and stay unexplained.’
- ‘The film doesn't stint in showing us the results of these dark deeds; while the imagery isn't floridly splattery it doesn't mask things in shadows either.’
- ‘Of these, the most outstanding was the floridly entitled Palace of the Commander of the Arsenal, a squat stone tower embellished with statues.’
- ‘The young man, floridly mad, believed that he had been cheated by his family of an inheritance that would have made him extremely rich.’
- ‘The lost art of well-jumping, an odyssey with the best mango in India as its objective, a Corbett-inspired episode starring a man-eating tiger - these could be seen either as images natural to the story, or as floridly exotic elements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.