One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Florida or its inhabitants.‘a famous Floridian businessman’
- ‘Surrounding these features are lovely gardens where you can relax in the wonderful Floridian sunshine and enjoy a refreshing drink at the pool bar.’
- ‘A Floridian artist community can attest that there is strength in numbers and power in group presentations.’
- ‘Her last novel, a turgid melodrama of white Floridian life, did little for her literary reputation.’
- ‘You guys are from Florida; what is the Floridian music scene like?’
- ‘The Venice Pub is a locals' bar that has the look and feel of a British pub, but the folks inside are 100 % Floridian.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Florida.‘it made me very proud to be a Floridian’
- ‘He's a great guy, he's a great Floridian.’
- ‘Being a native Floridian and a music lover, I found this book to be incredible.’
- ‘The Floridian's margin of victory over Castroneves was 0.060 of a second, or less than a car length.’
- ‘The polling estimates show that a majority of Floridians are worried about global warming, and 75% favor regulating carbon dioxide as a pollutant.’
- ‘This creates more employment opportunities for Floridians across the state!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.