One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room built at the back of a house and partly or wholly glazed, typically with a brick or tile floor and a drinks bar.
- ‘We might sit at the kitchen table or in the Florida room, glass louevers open, eating fried catfish and listening to the radio.’
- ‘So there I was, sitting in our Florida room, gathering my thoughts and wiping up a small puddle when I notice the spots on the wall below the windows.’
- ‘Down the street, one man was cleaning out a soggy Florida room on Monday after the wind ripped off part of his roof.’
- ‘She grabbed the guitar from its resting place and went downstairs to the Florida room.’
- ‘Chairs were dragged from the Florida room to the patio.’
- ‘The Florida room, or sunporch, would be a playroom for 2 and a half-year-old Elijah, the son they eventually adopted, so they wanted it to look fun and bright.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.