One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A florally decorated cycle wheel is placed on his grave each year as cyclists leave after the service.’
- ‘No conserved DNA motifs characteristic of the promoters of florally expressed genes were identified.’
- ‘Accordingly, I would be grateful if businesses in the town, particularly national retailers and banks, could give thought as to how they could florally improve the front of their premises in readiness for next year's judging.’
- ‘Trophies will be awarded this year to the top three entrants in each category covering private front gardens, commercial premises' gardens or floral decoration and florally decorated pubs.’
- ‘The International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources classifies it as ‘one of the most florally devastated islands in the world.’’
- ‘These were the old florally decorated type to match their basin and jug sets.’
- ‘They said: ‘It seems as though a lot of the ideas and work for the improvements florally emanate from the school.’’
- ‘‘I'm definitely florally challenged,’ replied Harry with a smirk.’
- ‘In fact, as my dachshund, Rolo, might tell you, experiencing my garden at a height of 6in is a quite unedifying experience, florally speaking.’
- ‘The building is expected to be florally decorated for the occasion by members of the community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.