One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A continuous area or expanse of floor which is free or available.‘static shelving takes up valuable floor space’count noun ‘the whole installation takes up a floor space of about 6m x 3m’
- ‘Gas-fired underfloor heating was installed in a bid to maximise the floor space available to the developers.’
- ‘The houses are detached bungalows with 157 square metres of floor space.’
- ‘The dance studio, dedicated to Mr. Baryshnikov, is a large room with ample floor space bordering two sides of the dance floor.’
- ‘Two interlocking squares form an eight-pointed star, modified by placing eight semicircles in the angles of the corners to create more floor space.’
- ‘We have eight campuses, most of them with excess land, a few with excess floor space.’
- ‘With the exception of the service core, the floor space is flexible enough to accommodate future program changes.’
- ‘The architects added a mezzanine to create an extra 27,000 square feet of floor space.’
- ‘Four pigs were housed in each pen with 0.67 square metres of floor space provided per pig.’
- ‘The international business now represents 37 per cent of group floor space.’
- ‘A storage cabinet in the hall brings the total floor space to around 56 square metres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.