One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An appliance for polishing floors.‘heavy equipment such as vacuum cleaners or floor polishers’
- ‘It will also help to use a floor polisher or disk sander rather than the drum sander.’
- ‘Carpet cleaners, floor polishers, and power washers are all available for hire or purchase.’
- ‘He had fallen out with his boss over commission on floor polishers he was selling to Scottish schools and hospitals.’
- ‘I seem to recall seeing a fuel-powered floor polisher being used in a supermarket.’
- ‘There was an old floor polisher held together with sticking plaster.’
- ‘A smoother finish will result if the final sanding is done with the floor polisher.’
- ‘This model is a gear-driven, high-speed floor polisher.’
- ‘Electric floor polishers can be rented at many supermarkets.’
- ‘Despite these historical events, we were more fascinated with the new ride-on lawnmower used to cut the school lawn, and the new electric floor polisher.’
- ‘A mainly younger generation of Brazilians came to know his music and his innovative performances that sometimes incorporated grinders and floor polishers as instruments!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.