One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A scale diagram of the arrangement of rooms in one storey of a building.
- ‘Keeping the floor plan intact, the design team began adding layers of island-inspired warmth.’
- ‘Draw a floor plan of your home showing two ways out of each room, including doors and windows.’
- ‘The floor plan includes both smoking and nonsmoking betting rooms, a bar, and VIP section.’
- ‘The relative statuses of the different generations are evident in the floor plan and dimensions of a building and its rooms.’
- ‘Occasionally, the additional space for a control room expansion can be found by revising an existing floor plan.’
- ‘Together, measure the room and make a floor plan on graph paper.’
- ‘He pulled apart the floor plan to create two separate strands of buildings.’
- ‘The floor plan is open and designed to encourage interaction.’
- ‘A floor plan for each addition to the building makes the discussions of expansion easy to understand.’
- ‘These locations can be the site of a building, the floor plan of a house or just the layout of a room.’
- ‘I hope she finds something soon, of course, but not before she designs the floor plan for my new loft.’
- ‘Add to your file a detailed floor plan of your room noting windows, doors and other permanent fixtures in the room such as fireplaces.’
- ‘She thundered down the stairs and took a sharp right, remembering the floor plan of the apartment building from her briefing.’
- ‘These changes make designing the floor plan a very complicated jigsaw puzzle.’
- ‘He found it about five feet from the emergency entrance, just as the floor plan had indicated.’
- ‘So he and Kim created a simple floor plan whose room sizes and openings line up more precisely than in a typical American house.’
- ‘I filled her in and described the floor plan of the new family activity center.’
- ‘The building had a streamlined floor plan, a streamlined look, and a streamlined construction.’
- ‘To encourage downsizing, the movers have their customers place models of their furniture on a floor plan of the new apartment.’
- ‘If you know what furnishings you are keeping in the room, measure them up and cut out scale models you can move around your floor plan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.