Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A routine of gymnastic exercises performed without the use of apparatus.
- ‘In training two days later, her Achilles tore on the take-off for an Arabian double front on floor exercise.’
- ‘At the World Cup finals last December, she placed second on uneven bars, fifth on balance beam and sixth on floor exercise.’
- ‘She also placed first in the all-around and on vault, second on balance beam and floor exercise, and fourth on uneven bars.’
- ‘Since then, he has been regularly performing floor exercise, pommel horse, parallel bars, horizontal bar and roman rings at competitive levels.’
- ‘In gymnastics, the floor exercise was her favorite discipline.’
- ‘But he tumbled several high double layouts on floor exercise, and caught both a Kolman and layout Kovacs on high bar.’
- ‘They certainly don't add a shred of artistry to a floor exercise.’
- ‘That year she placed fifth all-around, first on floor exercise, second on balance beam and third on vault.’
- ‘However, Romania roared back after strong performances on the balance beam and floor exercise.’
- ‘On floor exercise one gymnast tumbled a double layout, two whips to double pike, and stuck full-in dismount.’
- ‘Dressage is a mixture of extreme gymnastics and ballet - a bit like the floor exercise in Olympic gymnastics.’
- ‘Romania's Catalina Ponor, the top balance beam and floor exercise finalist, scored a 9.750 in the final floor exercise routine to win Olympic gold on her 17th birthday.’
- ‘She also placed seventh on floor exercise and eighth on vault.’
- ‘On floor exercise, Chusovitina performed a full-out one night and a double layout another night.’
- ‘At a pre-Olympic training camp in Minsk, however, she broke her neck during a tumbling pass on floor exercise.’
- ‘She tied for fourth place all-around and won only one individual event medal - the bronze medal on floor exercise.’
- ‘Tankushev said Nikolina has added more difficulty to her floor exercise routine.’
- ‘Guard Young set the tone for the USA, opening the night's competition on the floor exercise and nailing his routine with a 9.7.’
- ‘Men's floor exercise, high bar, parallel bars, and women's vault and balance beam will be contested tomorrow.’
- ‘I had hoped to be able to train in power tumbling, because the tumbling surface is not as hard on the ankles as beam and floor exercise.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.