One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The extent or measurement of the floor in a room or building.‘a large bungalow with a floor area of 1250 square feet’
- ‘Apply a minimum of 4 ounces of bait per 1,000 square feet of floor area.’
- ‘Also included in the sale are a number of outhouses with a combined floor area of 232 square metres.’
- ‘Steps from the kitchen lead down to two spacious rooms which represent the original floor area of the schoolhouse.’
- ‘The cottage has a floor area of just over 53 square metres.’
- ‘The building extends to a net internal floor area of around 473 square metres.’
- ‘They approved a proposal two years ago requiring any developer of the prime waterfront site to set aside a quarter of the floor area for public housing.’
- ‘The Aspen is a four- or five-bedroom dormer-style house with a floor area of 176.5 square metres.’
- ‘Comfortable chicks are usually distributed evenly throughout the floor area of the brooding unit.’
- ‘The floors areas are somewhat smaller near the top, giving the structure a gently tapering appearance on the skyline.’
- ‘The compactness of the form minimizes heat loss despite the large amount of glazing, approximately 40 per cent of floor area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.