One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Physical harm caused by the effects of the overflow of a large amount of water beyond its normal limits.‘the money will go towards repairing flood damage to the A174 road to Sandsend’
- ‘He says he has tracked down a "route to justice" for local residents denied compensation for flood damage.’
- ‘There are calls for the government to help insurance companies cover flood damage.’
- ‘Authorities said the flooding affected an estimated 60,000 Austrians, who were either evacuated from their homes or suffered flood damage.’
- ‘The floodgates to the new library complex were used for the first time last week, to protect the street from flood damage.’
- ‘Residents were bracing themselves for further flood damage.’
- ‘They have no insurance cover for flood damage.’
- ‘The capital was left with severe flood damage, despite artificial flood defences.’
- ‘Assistance should be given only to persons who genuinely suffered flood damage.’
- ‘At the shopping complex, six shop units suffered flood damage to their floor coverings.’
- ‘The report offered ways in which the additional costs of flood damage could be reduced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.