Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which promotes the clumping of particles, especially one used in treating waste water.
- ‘The latter has four subgroups: corrosion inhibitors, coagulants and flocculants, oxidizers, biocides, and all other.’
- ‘Thus, one offers filters and membranes, another features coagulants and flocculants, and another emphasizes separation technologies.’
- ‘Calgon Carbon emphasizes one major product, activated carbon; and SNF Floerger focuses on flocculants with plants in the South-East region of the United States.’
- ‘The chemical/petroleum processing industry is a heavy user of water treatment chemicals, ranging from corrosion inhibitors to coagulants or flocculants.’
- ‘Coagulants and flocculants assist with the clumping of suspended solids for quick settlement of sludge.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.