Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance which promotes the clumping of particles, especially one used in treating waste water.
- ‘Calgon Carbon emphasizes one major product, activated carbon; and SNF Floerger focuses on flocculants with plants in the South-East region of the United States.’
- ‘The latter has four subgroups: corrosion inhibitors, coagulants and flocculants, oxidizers, biocides, and all other.’
- ‘The chemical/petroleum processing industry is a heavy user of water treatment chemicals, ranging from corrosion inhibitors to coagulants or flocculants.’
- ‘Coagulants and flocculants assist with the clumping of suspended solids for quick settlement of sludge.’
- ‘Thus, one offers filters and membranes, another features coagulants and flocculants, and another emphasizes separation technologies.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.