One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A restaurant located on a pontoon or on a boat converted for the purpose of cooking and serving meals.‘a floating restaurant built in the hull of an old fishing boat’
- ‘It is a romantic floating restaurant, a quintet of tented pontoons over the lake, reached by gangplank.’
- ‘There are a few floating restaurants on many of Kerala's backwaters.’
- ‘This chapter includes an evening on a floating restaurant.’
- ‘A few meters from the jungle of birds you will find a floating restaurant on the lake.’
- ‘A floating restaurant is the first thing we propose to do.’
- ‘There was talk of turning her into a floating restaurant.’
- ‘Floating restaurants are a huge tourist hit all over the world.’
- ‘One of our marine landmarks will be towed away at the end of the month to become a floating restaurant.’
- ‘It's a three-storey floating restaurant and will create approximately 80 to 100 jobs.’
- ‘She was fitted with a new superstructure and converted into a floating restaurant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.