Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A liability to a creditor which relates to the company's assets as a whole and may become fixed in particular circumstances (such as liquidation).Compare with fixed charge
- ‘The receivers proceeded to realize the assets charged by the fixed and floating charges created by the debentures.’
- ‘Yes, but finance companies frequently take floating charges over the assets of a car dealer and those charges sometimes crystallise and the car dealer goes on trading.’
- ‘The creditor took a general floating charge over the company's assets and a fixed charge over its uncollected book debts.’
- ‘On 12 th August 1988 Wallace entered into cross-guarantees with the other companies in the Prospective Group in favour of Midland and granted to Midland a debenture containing fixed and floating charges to secure its liability.’
- ‘The security would be a floating charge over the company which would own the patents.’
- ‘The typical floating charge covers all assets in a company's possession from time to time, even if unspecified.’
- ‘The actual ratio in that case was that the payment of a debt due to an unsecured creditor prior to the crystallisation of the floating charge bound the debenture holder.’
- ‘In deciding whether a charge is a fixed charge or a floating charge, the court is engaged in a two-stage process.’
- ‘Under the pleaded debentures of 21 December 1992 and 2 April 1994 the book debts were subject to fixed and floating charges to secure the sum of £8m repayable on demand.’
- ‘Thereafter the assets subject to the floating charge form a separate fund in which the debenture holder has a proprietary interest.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.