One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plate glass made by allowing it to solidify on a layer of molten metal.
- ‘The only problem is that I'd rather like one that I could use float glass with, but I think I will not get a kiln that can go hot enough.’
- ‘The import tariffs on almost all goods traded among the six founding members including cement and float glass products have been cut to between zero and five percent.’
- ‘Among these types, glass can be normal float glass, heat strengthened or fully tempered; it can be assembled in various combinations to create laminated glass with a variety of colored or patterned interlayers.’
- ‘‘I'm not sure the glass replacement industry would like it, but we could make a windshield much less prone to chipping and cracking for a price that's only 10% to 15% more than regular float glass,’ claims Gerardi.’
- ‘The piece will cover a six metre stretch of ground and be produced in float glass, metal and paper.’
- ‘The EPG has a sandwich construction: Two pieces of heat-strengthened float glass with a - 0.76-mm layer of polyvinyl butyral in between.’
- ‘You walk as on a mirror here, float glass, marking the meeting of the worlds.’
- ‘The initial product line includes washed and papered clear float glass and non-glare glass.’
- ‘The fabrication process relies on a high growth rate atmospheric pressure chemical vapor deposition technique compatible with the float glass manufacturing process.’
- ‘In that year, scientists at Pilkington revolutionised the production of flat glass manufacture by the float glass process.’
- ‘Typically the residence time of material within the furnace is 24 hours for container furnaces and 72 hours for float glass furnaces.’
- ‘In a joint venture with Saint Gobain, Pilkington is to undertake a significant expansion in Brazil, building its fourth float glass plant there.’
- ‘These five-feet long, seven-feet high and two-feet broad high technology showcases have ‘Saint Gobain’ French float glass on all four sides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.