One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suggesting or expressing a playful sexual attraction.‘she is extremely flirty and vivacious’‘dates full of flirty banter’
- ‘Inspired by his images of the French Riviera, she shifted from soft, flirty summer dresses to hard-edged pieces like her black jersey tank and white skirt.’
- ‘It will be a kind of a whimsical, flirty date movie.’
- ‘He fares well enough during his flirty scenes with Maureen O'Hara and never gets in the way of the film's energetic spirit.’
- ‘He had always been a nice guy, but I didn't know why he had been acting so flirty lately.’
- ‘She nearly walked by and saw you being all flirty with her boyfriend!’
- ‘I think we're on our way to making the subway the flirtiest place in the city.’
- ‘She looped an arm through his free arm with a flirty smile.’
- ‘Capture this look in flirty two-piece gowns in your favorite shade.’
- ‘Even the flirtiest girls sensed his undesirability, as though all at once his clothes were jive: T-shirt too white and pants too pressed.’
- ‘If I have a boyfriend, he'll probably get mad at my flirty side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.