One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suddenly lose control or become very angry.
- ‘And I danced with her, and she'd flip her wig every night and then run under the table and under the piano and start crying and all.’
- ‘He flipped his lid and told her to get a job because he won't be supporting her anymore.’
- ‘At one point, Bicke flips his wig and begins screaming at the televised image of Nixon, ‘It's all about money, Dick!’’
- ‘If you read Dirtbike Manifesto first, however, and discover The Couriers at a later date, you'll probably flip your wig.’
- ‘You'll flip your wig on some of the Warden's thoughts on booze, over-priced guacamole and hot tubs.’
- ‘The last thing Akira wanted was for Mitsuki to flip her wig over something stupid like a dream.’
- ‘Are they afraid to admit that their only leader has flipped his wig?’
- ‘This isn't the only reason why I think he's flipped his lid but it sure contributes to the overall impression.’
- ‘The teacher would flip her wig, which would not be hard since her wig was so unrealistic.’
- ‘Years later he discovers a footprint on the beach and totally flips his lid.’
- ‘After a wager over his anger, Lucy must get Ricky to flip his lid, or lose the hat she just purchased.’
- ‘The mother, half in denial, flips her lid and frantically tries to cover up the evidence of her son's alleged crime as the police move in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.