One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Work as a cook in a fast-food restaurant.
- ‘With little official oversight, growers simply turn away domestic workers, or offer wages so low that flipping burgers becomes more appealing.’
- ‘Upon graduating from university, I took a job flipping burgers at a Canadian fast food chain called Lick's.’
- ‘He's the guy flipping burgers at the grill who overhears something you say and makes an interesting remark that might be a compliment, and might be an insult - might be both.’
- ‘And not all the new jobs being created are flipping burgers, Jones said.’
- ‘Using his business experience, Cain worked his way up in the organization, even flipping burgers on the grill to better understand every aspect of the industry.’
- ‘I don't think anyone ever really thought about the independence of our country while they were flipping burgers or doing cannonballs into the pool or singing Jimmy Rosselli songs with their grandfather, drunk on his wine.’
- ‘I mean, do you know how much more they get per hour than someone who flips burgers at Burger King?’
- ‘For the sake of comparison, a person flipping burgers or working retail full-time for $7 per hour would make approximately $14,000 in a year.’
- ‘The press typically knows how to do its job about as well as the 15-year-old-with-acne flipping burgers at McDonald's.’
- ‘There's nothing wrong or demeaning in flipping burgers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.