One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Hm, fine, have it your way,’ Dahni flightily drawled before the light on her half of the room went out.’
- ‘I'm mostly flightily, but somewhat seriously, thinking of forgetting grad school and being a bank teller or similar.’
- ‘She loved every one - Goffin & King's sumptuous ‘So Much Love’, Randy Newman's fragile ‘Just One Smile’, Michel Legrand's flightily bonkers ‘The Windmills of Your Mind’.’
- ‘Girl from Mantuckit sang out and sat poutingly in her chair, and began swirling in it flightily.’
- ‘The rain fell flightily, and we returned to the marina in the shadow of refueling tankers and 12-storey high container carriers that glide with bursts that belie their bulk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.