One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine designed to resemble an aircraft's cockpit, with computer-generated images that mimic the pilot's view and the aircraft's motion, used for training pilots.
- ‘The secretary of state operated a flight simulator, a 3D computer aided design system and a device for virtual sculpture.’
- ‘A flight simulator is not much good in a world without airplanes or if it ignores the laws of nature.’
- ‘Pilots in the company are tested every three months in a flight simulator and their handling of nonscheduled raids situations are also monitored, according to Young.’
- ‘To put the experimental brain to the test, the scientist has connected it to a jet flight simulator via the electrode grid and a desktop computer.’
- ‘He offered cash for time on a flight simulator, learning how to handle a jumbo jet, but did not want to learn how to take off and land.’
- ‘One of the tools used to develop the Continental was a reconfigurable engineering flight simulator.’
- ‘The field also featured a Link trainer, an early flight simulator used to teach the cadets basic instrument flying skills.’
- ‘A Tornado flight simulator will also be equipped with the new laser projection system.’
- ‘The group spoke to several base personnel during the visit as well as inspecting a Hawk 127 lead-in fighter from No.79 Squadron and the flight simulator.’
- ‘All airlines require the flight crew undergo annual flight simulator training and qualification.’
- ‘In this case, the contestants will perform an aerobatic routine on a flight simulator and then submit a video of the performance to the judging panel.’
- ‘Some people he's in touch with every day: Air pilots, who are showing him the ins and outs of flying for a flight simulator he is currently working on.’
- ‘In theory, the system can be used to command a squadron of Eurofighters, because the flight simulator that has been built is modelled after that attack aircraft.’
- ‘They either promise the congregational equivalent of a flight simulator, or else use PowerPoint as a glorified overhead projector.’
- ‘Airbus has donated a $50 million flight simulator for training pilots in Beijing.’
- ‘After 30 days of treatment, the pilots took a flight simulator test to see if they had retained the training they received before treatment.’
- ‘There I got in a flight simulator, and was forced to memorize all the controls and what they did, I think there are 3,754 of them.’
- ‘The flying scenes are shot with delirious energy, making the numerous cockpit point-of-view shots seem like a big-screen flight simulator.’
- ‘The afternoon was spent training on a firearms training simulator and in a flight simulator.’
- ‘The 120 pilots take turns on the airline's flight simulator, while cabin crews take refresher courses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.