One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The identifying number of a timetabled journey by an aircraft.‘I couldn't see my flight number on the departure boards’
- ‘To reconfirm, have your flight number, reservation code, or ticket number.’
- ‘In the returning declaration, most residents merely have to enter their returning flight number.’
- ‘Airline scheduling departments use various guidelines to determine flight numbers.’
- ‘Flight status is available by entering the name of the airline followed by the flight number.’
- ‘They were calling for her, paging her flight number throughout the airport loudly.’
- ‘Welcome to Flight Number 293, non-stop from New York to Los Angeles.’
- ‘He said they hadn't been given a connecting flight number.’
- ‘Officials appear to be acting on information about a particular flight number.’
- ‘Still no specific details on the flight number are available.’
- ‘On such a ticket, all flights would likely operate with Southwest flight numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.