One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A data file containing computer animations.
- ‘This menu accesses all flics or animations.’
- ‘However, most times that stuff is a FLIC file.’
Usage of the cinematographic sense of flick.
A French policeman.
- ‘The French police have recently cracked down on speeding on the autoroute and ‘Oh, pardon, monsieur, my speedometer is mildly eccentric’ will not cut much ice with les flics.’
- ‘Les flic were starting to put barricades up across the road.’
- ‘Naceri, Diefenthal and assorted flics follow in the supercharged taxi.’
- ‘Les flics were following the Palestinian, not the Australian, and found them in the cot when they kicked down the door in a cheap Paris hotel.’
- ‘So, from a blurred photocopy of a fax that was passed on to our source by a friendly flic in a smoke-filled bar in Montmartre and then dictated over an iffy phone link, here is the speech.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.