Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for flexography
- ‘We promote the industry through a publicity and marketing programme aimed at users to promote the overall image and uses of flexo together with its technological achievements.’
- ‘The inky wastewater is easily drained and rinsed from flexo pulps, but is very difficult to clean for reuse or disposal.’
- ‘The most widely used print processes are surface, flexographic or flexo, gravure and screen.’
- ‘The flexo process is used to yield a range of country, colonial, floral and mini-print designs.’
- ‘We build presses from 7 to 23 inches wide with flexo, UV flexo and rotary screen printing.’
- ‘In the typical flexo printing sequence, the substrate is fed into the press from a roll.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.