One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was noted at school for his fleetness of foot and it was said that he could outrun any of those fleet and nimble flock.’
- ‘If Jane is a better runner than Sally, there is nothing wrong about rewarding Jane for fleetness of foot.’
- ‘Their combination and their fleetness of action was impressive.’
- ‘That leaves you plenty of time to apply your freshly honed agility and fleetness to any adventurous pursuit.’
- ‘When I ran, I looked ungainly in my mind's eye, which could see all too well the fleetness of other children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.