One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For a very short time.‘only fleetingly does she let any strain show’
- ‘We hope they will have the farsightedness to see past the exuberant accolades that are fleetingly bestowed upon them.’
- ‘Other macro themes focusing on such things as poverty and oppression are referred to fleetingly, if at all.’
- ‘I wondered fleetingly why she was here alone.’
- ‘A man in a black overcoat fleetingly appears throughout the play.’
- ‘The incidental music is moodily atmospheric though played rather fleetingly.’
- ‘It's a rare actor who can show up only fleetingly and leave a lasting impression.’
- ‘The next four days went fleetingly.’
- ‘He also fleetingly mentioned the abysmal state of public transport across the country.’
- ‘They may have gotten brief, nightly radar hits while the aircraft's weapons bay doors opened fleetingly.’
- ‘They now see each other only fleetingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.