One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For a very short time.‘only fleetingly does she let any strain show’
- ‘A man in a black overcoat fleetingly appears throughout the play.’
- ‘We hope they will have the farsightedness to see past the exuberant accolades that are fleetingly bestowed upon them.’
- ‘The next four days went fleetingly.’
- ‘The incidental music is moodily atmospheric though played rather fleetingly.’
- ‘It's a rare actor who can show up only fleetingly and leave a lasting impression.’
- ‘They now see each other only fleetingly.’
- ‘I wondered fleetingly why she was here alone.’
- ‘He also fleetingly mentioned the abysmal state of public transport across the country.’
- ‘Other macro themes focusing on such things as poverty and oppression are referred to fleetingly, if at all.’
- ‘They may have gotten brief, nightly radar hits while the aircraft's weapons bay doors opened fleetingly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.