One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjectiveusually in phrase on fleek
Extremely good, attractive, or stylish.‘my hair is on fleek right now’‘OMG the music is on fleek’‘have you ever seen anything so fleek in your life?’
- ‘My hair is totally fleek today. This wind hasn't touched it.’
- ‘Camila's eyebrows were on fleek on the red carpet.’
- ‘Make sure your eyebrows are in shape by checking out the 26 chicest and fleekest brows on Instagram.’
- ‘Emma's wardrobe has been on fleek the whole time she has been presenting for the show.’
- ‘The double char-broiled bacon burger, hot dog, and Italian beef are on fleek.’
- ‘I'm over here all red-faced and sweating, while Anderson's ponytail and makeup are on fleek.’
Early 21st century: apparently an arbitrary formation; popularized in a 2014 video post on the social media service Vine by Kayla Newman (‘Peaches Monroee’).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.