One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A festival of Irish or Celtic music, dancing, and culture.
- ‘All competitors who took part in the fleadh and who represented their county and province so well deserve to be congratulated.’
- ‘In recent years there had been an upsurge in local involvement in the fleadh and with considerable success.’
- ‘There's a lot of songs and music associated with it, and they used to hold a lot of festivals and fleadhs there.’
- ‘All entries and fee for the fleadh must be in before Thursday May 1.’
- ‘No entries will be accepted after this date or on the day for the fleadh.’
From Irish fleadh ceoil ‘music festival’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.