One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A dirty or shabby person or animal, typically one infested with fleas.
- ‘There's still more than enough fleabags to go around!’
- ‘Either way, it seems he's a dirty fleabag, y'know?’
- ‘And the strange thing about a bunch of old cats, old fat cats, fleabags, when they arise to a certain level of power, they forget how they were.’
- ‘Let's face it; they wanted to make sure I wasn't a fleabag.’
- 1.1North American A seedy or dilapidated hotel.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.