One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collar for a cat or dog that is impregnated with insecticide to kill or deter fleas.
- ‘I think we'll have to go back to a flea collar for Harry.’
- ‘Today I bought the cat a new flea collar, as apparently they don't last that long.’
- ‘I guess their flea collar just wasn't big enough.’
- ‘Puppies too young to wear a flea collar may be washed in a suitable preparation from the vet.’
- ‘I thought this was really special, but the vet says it's been caused either by a flea collar or a collar that was too tight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.