One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A novelty show of performing fleas.
- ‘There's even a flea circus (yes, trained fleas) and a strong man booth (swing the hammer ring the bell, get the prize).’
- ‘If the thought of a flea circus does not give you itchy feet and you like the sound of static wild birds and displays of Furness bees, a summer fair and car boot sale featuring all these is being held in Haverthwaite on Sunday, June 19.’
- ‘I also have seen a chicken bowler, a porpoise bowler, and had the unique experience of seeing trained fleas in a flea circus pushing tiny ‘bowling balls’ the size of a period mark.’
- ‘This should at least encourage anyone who intends to film a drama based on a flea circus.’
- ‘Maria Fernanda Cardoso is the ring mistress of a flea circus that offers audiences some novel and some very traditional ways of considering the wonders of nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.