One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A novelty show of performing fleas.
- ‘This should at least encourage anyone who intends to film a drama based on a flea circus.’
- ‘I also have seen a chicken bowler, a porpoise bowler, and had the unique experience of seeing trained fleas in a flea circus pushing tiny ‘bowling balls’ the size of a period mark.’
- ‘If the thought of a flea circus does not give you itchy feet and you like the sound of static wild birds and displays of Furness bees, a summer fair and car boot sale featuring all these is being held in Haverthwaite on Sunday, June 19.’
- ‘Maria Fernanda Cardoso is the ring mistress of a flea circus that offers audiences some novel and some very traditional ways of considering the wonders of nature.’
- ‘There's even a flea circus (yes, trained fleas) and a strong man booth (swing the hammer ring the bell, get the prize).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.