One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small jumping leaf beetle that can be a pest of plants such as crucifers.
- ‘Iowa State University also includes a discussion of the flea beetle at their Integrated Crop Management Web site.’
- ‘The corn flea beetle feeds directly on corn and is a vector of the Stewart's wilt bacterium.’
- ‘When you see a small black beetle jumping off your plants when you approach you might be tempted to call it a flea beetle.’
- ‘Our first new rape crop has emerged and is already under attack from flea beetle - watch yours carefully.’
- ‘The adult corn flea beetle carries the bacterium over winter and transmits it to corn when feeding on corn leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.