Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small jumping leaf beetle that can be a pest of plants such as crucifers.
- ‘The adult corn flea beetle carries the bacterium over winter and transmits it to corn when feeding on corn leaves.’
- ‘Iowa State University also includes a discussion of the flea beetle at their Integrated Crop Management Web site.’
- ‘When you see a small black beetle jumping off your plants when you approach you might be tempted to call it a flea beetle.’
- ‘Our first new rape crop has emerged and is already under attack from flea beetle - watch yours carefully.’
- ‘The corn flea beetle feeds directly on corn and is a vector of the Stewart's wilt bacterium.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.