Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Without any imperfections or defects; perfect.‘her smooth flawless skin’‘a British accent that was almost flawless’
perfect, without blemish, unblemished, unmarked, unimpairedwhole, intact, sound, unbroken, undamaged, as sound as a bell, mint, as good as new, pristinestainless, spotless, pure, impeccable, immaculate, consummate, superb, superlative, masterly, accurate, correct, faultless, without fault, error-free, unerringexemplary, model, ideal, copybook, just sotip-top, a1View synonyms
- ‘You know, perfect cut, flawless style, healthy sheen, flirty bounce.’
- ‘They had the flawless perfection and soulless presence of stone.’
- ‘A long white coat concealed her tall, slender form and her face was perfect, flawless, as if all of her features were etched in stone.’
- ‘She looked so perfect and flawless and she seemed utterly smitten with Bernard.’
- ‘She still looks flawless, looking perfect in every way possible.’
- ‘Her skin seemed flawless; her mouth like a perfect rosebud; her neck graceful as a swan.’
- ‘He had black hair and and bright green eyes and flawless tan skin and a perfect build.’
- ‘Drop dead gorgeous eyes, flawless skin, and perfect straight brown hair that reached down to the top of his ear.’
- ‘My skin is soft and free from any dirt, as flawless and perfect as any woman's.’
- ‘She is slim, tall and fair with a flawless skin and perfect features.’
- ‘The quest for a flawless fir or perfect pine has also led some growers to spray trees with chemical colorants, or even experiment with cloning.’
- ‘The Queen wore a simple white dress, which complemented her seemingly flawless figure.’
- ‘The angel's face was luminesced, his skin glowing and perfectly flawless.’
- ‘It was a small, shimmering orb, flawless and perfectly smooth.’
- ‘Standing there was a beautiful woman with a perfect body, flawless face and long black hair pulled back into a youthful ponytail on top of her head.’
- ‘It was different for me… it was perfectly beautiful and flawless.’
- ‘Even astrologers admit the stones have no beneficial powers unless they are flawless and are of good quality.’
- ‘But I cannot help notice the long slender fingers, and the perfectly cut nails, as well as his flawless skin.’
- ‘These synthetic diamonds are D-color graded, flawless and cut to perfection.’
- ‘The walls were smooth and flawless in their golden perfection, and so it was impossible to tell if they were rigged in any way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.