One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An additive, e.g. monosodium glutamate, used to intensify or improve the flavour of food.
- ‘Wheat gluten has also been used as a cattle feed and as a starting point for the manufacture of the food flavour enhancer, monosodium glutamate.’
- ‘Adding flavor enhancers that amplify the intensity of food odor may be useful in patients with hyposmia.’
- ‘It acts as a flavour enhancer for other fruit when it is cooked or used with other ingredients.’
- ‘Sodium chloride is probably best known as a flavor enhancer in foods, but its addition to foods also helps to preserve the food from decay.’
- ‘During the study, different flavor enhancers will be used, including enhancers that taste like kiwi, almond, cheddar cheese, pistachio, and cocoa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.