One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A worm of a phylum which includes the planarians together with the parasitic flukes and tapeworms. They are distinguished by having a simple flattened body which lacks blood vessels, and a digestive tract which, if present, has a single opening.
- ‘Among the earliest hunters, flatworms were simple but effective killing machines.’
- ‘Planarians are free-living flatworms, and have a much simpler life history.’
- ‘The initial studies involved little flatworms called planaria that have a very primitive nervous system.’
- ‘The cestodes, or tapeworms, differ in a number of ways from other flatworms.’
- ‘All the ponds hosted parasitic flatworms called trematodes.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.