One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He reached down for a flattish stone and skimmed it ten yards.’
- ‘The boat was found laden with a cargo of flattish sandstone blocks, presumably brought to add to the causeway.’
- ‘Take a small portion at a time and shape into a small flattish ball.’
- ‘If you plot a graph showing this kind of distribution you get a sharp peak on the left of the graph and a long flattish line tailing off to the right.’
- ‘Garden designs all seem to be for flattish gardens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.