One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway freight wagon without a roof or sides.
- ‘It was a huge railway mortar, a flatcar with a giant gun on it.’
- ‘I later learn the Friends of the Bodie Railway & Lumber Company have found and restored one of the old flatcars, now displayed at June Lake.’
- ‘Depending on their design, flatcars can accommodate containers that are placed singly or stacked two high.’
- ‘The canvas had slipped off onto the flatcar revealing a cannon.’
- ‘The plantation-style tree farm, founded in 1955, started moving truck trailers loaded with trees on railroad flatcars in 1988.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.