One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of flat, thin bread that is typically unleavened.
- ‘It is a sort of thin flatbread, made with sprouted seeds that have been ground and dehydrated.’
- ‘Taboon means ‘oven’ in Arabic, specifically the ancient, arched-stone oven used to bake the Middle East's numerous varieties of flatbread.’
- ‘Serve together, with some grilled flatbread for dipping and wrapping.’
- ‘There's all the usual suspects: seafood appetizers, flatbread, sandwiches, pasta, salads and some protein.’
- ‘Serve piping hot with warmed wholemeal naan or flatbread.’
- ‘Tingly, minted eggplant, spread on flatbread, must be passed around the table regardless of who ordered it.’
- ‘Slice the lamb thickly then place two or three slices on a piece of warm flatbread together with a handful of salad and a large spoonful of yoghurt.’
- ‘Stuff this Mediterranean-inspired flatbread with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and a dab of mayonnaise for a grown-up treat.’
- ‘Focaccio is the classic Italian flatbread brushed with olive oil and topped with seasonings.’
- ‘While most are familiar with focaccia, the Italian flatbread, ciabatta was all new to me.’
- ‘Polar bread, sometimes also called Swedish bread, is a round, soft flatbread with dimples.’
- ‘Have these ingredients on hand at the cottage for a quick snack served with crisp flatbread, tortilla chips or bagel thins.’
- ‘For example, breakfast might consist of either Lebanese flatbread or French croissants with cheese and coffee or tea.’
- ‘Nowadays, though, there is a huge variety of rolls, bagels, pittas, flatbreads, ciabattas and baguettes to choose from.’
- ‘Increasingly common is the preparation of ruti, a whole wheat circular flatbread, in the morning, which is eaten with curries from the night before.’
- ‘Bread, in the form of thin, crisp flatbread, was made from the same grains.’
- ‘Though it is the most primitive of breads - a flatbread baked on stones heated by a wood fire - pizza is today made in pretty much its primordial form on 61,269 street corners in America.’
- ‘The staple tends to be either flatbread made from imported flour or else locally grown rice.’
- ‘Shop for all ingredients, including wine, lemonade, and onion flatbread (available in well-stocked supermarkets and in Indian markets).’
- ‘Season tuna with salt and pepper; arrange on a plate with salad and flatbread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.