One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of flat, thin bread that is typically unleavened.
- ‘Serve together, with some grilled flatbread for dipping and wrapping.’
- ‘It is a sort of thin flatbread, made with sprouted seeds that have been ground and dehydrated.’
- ‘Taboon means ‘oven’ in Arabic, specifically the ancient, arched-stone oven used to bake the Middle East's numerous varieties of flatbread.’
- ‘Slice the lamb thickly then place two or three slices on a piece of warm flatbread together with a handful of salad and a large spoonful of yoghurt.’
- ‘There's all the usual suspects: seafood appetizers, flatbread, sandwiches, pasta, salads and some protein.’
- ‘Bread, in the form of thin, crisp flatbread, was made from the same grains.’
- ‘Tingly, minted eggplant, spread on flatbread, must be passed around the table regardless of who ordered it.’
- ‘Season tuna with salt and pepper; arrange on a plate with salad and flatbread.’
- ‘Nowadays, though, there is a huge variety of rolls, bagels, pittas, flatbreads, ciabattas and baguettes to choose from.’
- ‘Serve piping hot with warmed wholemeal naan or flatbread.’
- ‘While most are familiar with focaccia, the Italian flatbread, ciabatta was all new to me.’
- ‘Though it is the most primitive of breads - a flatbread baked on stones heated by a wood fire - pizza is today made in pretty much its primordial form on 61,269 street corners in America.’
- ‘Increasingly common is the preparation of ruti, a whole wheat circular flatbread, in the morning, which is eaten with curries from the night before.’
- ‘Stuff this Mediterranean-inspired flatbread with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and a dab of mayonnaise for a grown-up treat.’
- ‘Have these ingredients on hand at the cottage for a quick snack served with crisp flatbread, tortilla chips or bagel thins.’
- ‘The staple tends to be either flatbread made from imported flour or else locally grown rice.’
- ‘Polar bread, sometimes also called Swedish bread, is a round, soft flatbread with dimples.’
- ‘Shop for all ingredients, including wine, lemonade, and onion flatbread (available in well-stocked supermarkets and in Indian markets).’
- ‘Focaccio is the classic Italian flatbread brushed with olive oil and topped with seasonings.’
- ‘For example, breakfast might consist of either Lebanese flatbread or French croissants with cheese and coffee or tea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.